Wholesale Produce Supply is hiring for the following positions: Produce Packer, Tomato Packer, and Quality Control Technitian.
JOB TITLE PAY RATE
Quality Control Technician $10.00 per hour
If you are looking to join a growing fresh produce business, and start or even further your career in the fresh produce/manufacturing industry, Wholesale Produce Supply's Fresh Cut operation may have just the job you are looking for! If you have the qualifications and competencies we are looking for, we will train the perfect candidate. This is a full-time and permanent placement, with immediate openings.
Reviews and records conditions in compliance with HACCP and sanitation functions to ensure quality and food safety goals are accomplished.
• Document raw, finished and/or environmental readings.
• Validate raw product quality to consumer/USDA specifications.
• Perform checks and verifications to ensure adherence to Quality and Food Safety programs (e.g. Conduct and evaluate CCP's, metal detection verifications, wash water titration, calibrations, etc.)
• Ensure FIFO is being followed.
• Check finished product to customer specifications.
• Monitor room/crew GMP's and sanitation compliance.
• Report findings or variances to Director of Food Safety and/or Fresh Cut Manager.
• Monitor final product packaging and local, regulatory, and/or customer inner/outer carton marking.
• Responsible for record keeping and verification of HACCP and quality paperwork.
• Other duties as assigned by management team. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Knowledgeable of HACCP & GMP's - Knowledge and/or experience in areas of HACCP, GMPS's, environmental sampling techniques, and food safety programs would be desirable.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect food safety, as well as those that affect employee safety. SKILLS & ABILITIES Experience: No prior experience necessary Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Office software. Certifications & Licenses: Not required, but preferred to have exposure to or training in HACCP, GMP's and environmental sampling techniques. Other Requirements: Flexibility is needed as scheduling and shifts may change.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs O
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less C
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs O
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Depth)
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - boots, harh hat, goggles
• Sense of Balance
• Working in a refrigerated environment. WORK ENVIRONMENT Food processing department maintains an indoor temperature of 34 - 42 degrees Fahrenheit. Floors and surfaces are often wet and boots are worn to keep feet and legs dry and free of outside contaminants.
If you are interested in these positions, please contact Lisa Cain at 612-596-1990 or Lisa.Cain2@hennepin.us.