U.S. Bank Stadium is hiring a Security Manager responsible for event and day-to-day security at U.S. Bank Stadium
POSITION: Security Manager
DEPARTMENT: Event Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Event Services
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
The Security Manager creates and manages a Security program that fosters a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests. The position is responsible for event security and the day-to-day security operations at U.S. Bank Stadium. The Security Manager should have a broad spectrum background in facility and event operations and the administrative and management functions necessary to insure efficient departmental operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide overall management for all services and activities involved in facility and event security, emergency preparedness using independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; identify opportunities for improvements and review with management; implement improvements.
- Lead, train, motivate and evaluate security staff and event staff; provide or coordinate staff training
- Plan, lead, coordinate, and review the work plan for the Security Department and all other assigned programs and functions; meet with staff on a regular basis to identify and resolve challenges; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Lead weekly event security briefings with internal stakeholders and public safety
- Assist the Event Managers in the development of event specific security and staffing plans
- Work with Director of Event Services to develop event budgets for security, police and medical services
- Purchase security related goods and services and approval of invoices for payment
- Coordinate the scheduling of external event staffing personnel including, but not limited to, off duty police officers, medical personnel and crowd management staff as needed
- Provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations and manage facility with regular updates and exercises
- Monitor and maintain the facility’s computerized life safety and security systems, including fire, security camera, access control and Incident Management Systems
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local, state and Federal law enforcement and life safety agencies
- Develop staffing plans for NFL, concerts and NCAA events, interfacing with the prime stakeholders and maintaining industry standards and practices.
- Expected travel to NFL meetings, industry conferences and other events.
- Conduct a variety of industry operational studies; recommend modifications to security and safety programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
The Security Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management or a related area of study required
- 3+ years of experience supervising Event and/or Security Staff (stadium or arena) required
- 3+ years of experience managing facility and event operations required
- Certification in NIMS 100/200, 300/400, & 700/800
Skills and Abilities
- The ability to work independently and to manage priorities is also a must.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Sets expectations and goal driven.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) required
- Prior management experience, including the ability to direct, train, motivate and evaluate security staff and event staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge using Microsoft office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must possess current working knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of public facility security and safety programs; crowd management and control techniques; principles of municipal budget preparation and control; pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Experience managing security technology systems including CCTV, electronic access control, and ISS 24/7 Incident management systems required.
- Knowledge of implementing NFL best practices & Code of Conduct.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require weekend, holiday and/or evening work.
- Event day: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
US Bank Stadium
511 11th Ave S, Suite 401
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 612-777-8725.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.