African Economic Development Solutions (AEDS) is hiring a full time Administrative Assistant for $12-15/hour.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
African Economic Development Solutions (AEDS) (www.aeds-mn.org) is seeking an experienced Administrative assistant. AEDS is a nonprofit organization that serves African immigrants in Twin Cities Metropolitan area build wealth. It provides business plan training, financial literacy education, loan access, business consulting, and Home ownership education. Our programs are aimed at holistically addressing not only the needs of individuals but also embraces the family unit as well as communities. We actively support and assist clients from marginalized communities as they make positive strides towards increased financial well-being.
Location: Twin Cities Metro
Activity Area: Economic Development
Category: Administrative Assistant
Closing Date: 3/31/2016
Job Type: Full Time (40Hrs per week)
Responsibilities: Reporting to the executive director, the administrative assistant position is responsible for performing administrative and communication duties for the organization including preparing and reviewing correspondence, reports, invoices and forms, scheduling and coordinating meetings and appointments, event planning, providing customer service, copying, scanning, filing, answering phones, greeting visitors and coordinating administrative support services. The administrative Assistant:
- Handles official communication on behalf of the organization with customers as well as staff and suppliers
- Assists in the development and distribution of organization communication materials.
- Manages scheduling requests including booking conference rooms and coordinating logistics and equipment for meetings.
- Provides administrative support on accounting and documentation such as accounts payable, account receivable, and data entry.
- Maintains and retaining files and keeping inventory.
- Participates meeting ng in staff meetings, project meetings, workshops and training sessions, and community meetings as necessary.
- Performs bookkeeping work.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate and four years’ experience or Associates Degree in a business administration or Bachelor degree in a related field or 2 years of experience in an administrative role is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, clients, and others
- Highly focused and able to work independently while managing multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient in excel, words, outlook, and publisher
- Previous experience with accounting preferred, but not required
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (knowledge of at least one African languages is preferred but not required)
Work schedule: M-F 8:00-4:30 pm, 40 hours/week with some occasional evening and weekends.
How to Apply:
Mail your cover letter and resume to AEDS Attention HR at 1821 University Ave W. Suite S-292, St. Paul, MN 55104 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org